VFX Challenge #4 has wrapped up and we are ready to get on to the next one! Last challenge’s favorite entry was voted to be Gabriel Everson’s Geddion. (see all entries here). For challenge #5 Dallas has issued the challenge for a shot with Action Enhancement VFX[/size]
This month’s theme: Action Enhancement.(Film simple action shot. and and use FVX (or practical FX) to enhance it.
Deadline: Aug 31, 2009
The VFX Challenge is where VFX and SFX artists of every skill level can participate, gain a little bit of experience, get constructive critiques, help others learn the ropes, learn from each-other, have an excuse to make so sweet FX, and build up your demo reel wile we are at it!
This is not a contest, no winers, no losers. Once we start getting submissions the idea is to discuss, ask and answer questions and give and get constructive criticism.
1. The submitted VFX clip should be no longer than 30 seconds
2. The submitted VFX clip should be no shorter than 3 seconds
//The idea is to keep work time to a manageable time frame, and also keep the clips short enough to encourage viewing.
3. Rules 1 and 2 do not include additional footage, such as original footage, before an after comparison shots.
4. There should be one shot that is the primary VFX shot
4. a. If more than one shot contains VFX and the primary shot not is obvious, please specify which shot is the primary shot when you submit the clip.
4. b. Additional shots before and after to give “context” to the primary clip are allowed, but the sequence should not exceed 30 seconds.
5. You must have permission to use any material used in VFX clips
//A simple clip will be made available for those who do not have a way to obtain usable source footage, upon request.
6. A photo of the VFX shot and the original source footage should be attached to the post if absolutely posable.
7. Submissions must be submitted before the posted deadline.
//Submissions can be submitted at any time before the submission deadline. Exceptions can be made. Submitters are encouraged to be submitted their clip as early as posable.
8. The primary shot must conform to the challenge theme.
If you have any questions feel free to post it!
If you don’t have place to upload you final shot, post here and we will find a way to help you out.
And ask questions in the thread you are in!